Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Week 10 Status Update

This week has been a tough one from the work standpoint. I have worked nine straight days and extra hours on several of those days. With the hectic schedule I have had to try to plan ahead a little more to keep from eating the wrong foods. Last Friday I worked 17 hours and was able to resist taking the easy way out and eating a cheeseburger from a drive thru. Saturday was not quite as long but was filled with temptation. One of my favorite foods was available in the employee lounge. Pizza was its name and evil was its intention. Lucky for me the pizza was from one of the two places that I like to eat salad from. We have a local Italian restaurant called Bruno’s and they make a tremendous salad. Anyway, I ate a very large plate of salad with Kraft Fat Free Italian dressing and I left the pizza to others. Sunday I skipped lunch and had a sensible dinner. Monday I had a low fat sandwich and fruit followed by Subway on Tuesday.

So, what did the scales have to say about my week? Drum roll please…….. Tada! I lost 4 lbs last week. That brings my ten week total to 29 lbs. I am very happy with that. However, it is getting to the point I have to go buy some new clothes. It’s getting harder and harder to hold my pants up.

Well, as those of you who have tried dieting many times know, I just have to keep going. It doesn’t get any easier so I have to be careful what I eat. If you have a bad day you have to make sure the next day you follow your program. Every day that you eat too much or the wrong things makes it easier to fall back into hold habits.

I have a small goal for myself. It may seem trivial to some but I am using it as motivation and a way to keep my eye on the prize so to speak. When I lose 30 lbs I am going to
Double Daves for Pizza. I have not had any real pizza in the last ten weeks. If all goes well I could be eating real pizza next Wednesday.

Keep working at your program whatever it is; it is worth it. The good news is that you can lose weight.

0 comments: