Thursday, March 8, 2007

This is Why We Diet

I woke up this morning and went through my normal routine. First I fix me a glass of Diet Coke before I go wake up my daughter for school. Then I fire up the computer and check my email, ebay stuff and my blog stats. That’s when it hit me, what was I going to wear to work today?

It had been a few days since I had done any laundry so I wasn’t sure if I had a shirt to wear today. I went to the closet and sure enough I only had one shirt. The problem was it did not match any of the pants I had hanging up.

So, I looked in that section of the closet where I put my clothes I used to wear. I took out a shirt that I had barely worn before I grew out of it. To my great pleasure it now fits perfectly! That is why we deprive ourselves of the food we want to eat.

So, the next time you wonder if it is really worth it, take a look at the clothes you used to wear and imagine how good it will feel to wear them again.

0 comments: