Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Lean Cuisine Santa Fe-Style Rice and Beans

The Specs 290 Calories 6 Grams Fat 5 Grams Fiber

Points 5


Reminding myself that this is a frozen meal for those of us on a diet, helped me get over that feeling of disappointment after dining on this one. It had some kick to it but it was kind of soupy. Overall it was not awful but I probably won’t be buying this one again. It had a sour cream and chile sauce that tasted good but it made the meal too soupy.The black beans were on the hard and dry side.


Lean Cuisine makes some very good frozen dinners like the panini breads and pizzas. One of their meals that I do like is an enchilada dinner that ironically tastes similar to this meal. Do you have a favorite Lean Cuisine meal? Post it in the comments and I'll check it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I just found a new Lean Cuisine Meal that is more food plus a dessert. Grilled Chicken & Penne Pasta and Apple Crisp Dessert. It is only 6 points and it has some broccoli and carrots with a garlic herb with a hint of tomato sauce. It's really good and it is a lot like a meal that I get at Olive Garden (Chicken Giardino) except there they use bow tie pasta where Lean Cuisine uses the Penne Pasta. If you try it then let me know what you think of it.

Joey said...

Thanks for stopping by. I will try the Grilled Chicken and Penne Pasta next time I go to the grocery store. Healthy Choice makes an Apple Crisp in some of their meals too. Its always good to get dessert.