Monday, April 2, 2007

Make You Own Ice Cream Sandwiches

Everybody likes ice cream, well most everybody. With summer approaching I thought it was a good time to pass along this recipe for Ice Cream Sandwiches. I try to keep several of these in the freezer at all times. They make a great snack and you only need two ingredients to make them. Well, three if you count the plastic wrap.

1. Graham Crackers – Read the labels and try to get the ones that will count the least points.
2. Frozen Whipped Topping- Again read the labels as you can get fat free, sugar free or light.

First of all you want to set the whipped topping out to thaw some. I normally just put it in the fridge for a while. I put about two and a half tablespoons of whipped topping on one of the graham crackers (two of the four rectangles) and put the other cracker on top like a smore. Then you just wrap it up in the plastic wrap and place in the freezer.

My sandwiches that I just made tonight came out to 1.5 points. Depending on the nutritional information of your ingredients your points may be more or less.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are amazing. I make my "smores" with Organic Amaranth Graham Crackers by Health Valley and fat free Cool Whip. They are the best and definitely satisfy my craving for an ice cream sandwich in the summer. Yum!
it is 40 calories for 2 crackers, and then about 15-20 calories for the cool whip, because you really don't need that much (1-1/2 tbl.)
Not bad for a 60 cal. dessert!

Joey said...

Sarah,

Thanks for stopping by. I caved and had an actual real ice cream sandwich tonight. I had one of my diet ones but it just did not satisfy me tonight. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.