Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Healthy Choice Grilled Chicken Monterey


Today’s lunch selection is from Healthy Choice and is from their Complete Selections line of frozen entrees. My local grocer had these on sale the other day so I thought I would try it out.

The Specs

300 Calories 7 Grams of Fat 5 Grams of Fiber

Weight Watchers Points 6


I was pretty excited to get a meal that had a dessert in it and a creamy sauce that was only six points. This meal came with a small piece of grilled chicken in a creamy Monterey sauce, rice pilaf, broccoli florets and a side of peach crisp. If you take each component separately then this meal was not great except for the dessert. But together it was a pretty good meal that I wouldn’t mind having again.

The chicken patty was not tough but the texture was a little off. Soft but good is the best way to describe the rice pilaf and the broccoli was tender as it should be. The peach crisp was the star of the entrée though. It is made of two things I really like, peaches and oats.

My advice for cooking this meal is to follow the directions on the package except for one. I have found on all of these Healthy Choice meals that have a peach or apple crips dessert do not remove the cover from the dessert. Just cut a slit in the center of the dessert. I used to peel back the cover as per the box directions but you end up with your dessert boiling onto your turntable.

This one makes it to my lunch menu.

2 comments:

Moby Dick said...

Sounds good. This payday I am going to invest in about twenty of those meals and try to eat one for dinner every day.

Joey said...

I have often wondered if I could just eat these types of prepared meals and lose weight. With everything being measured out maybe portion control would be solved.