Saturday, February 28, 2009

Week 7 Weigh In

This week was a bit more of a struggle to maintain the plan. Well, to be honest I didn't follow the plan very well at all. I had two nights where I ate high calorie high fat meals and I only actually counted points one whole day for the week. I still watched what I ate and made mental notes of point values but I did not write them down and make sure I did not exceed my limit.

With that said I did have some successes as I continued to decline the office donuts and breakfast sandwiches that seem to show up all the time. I also resisted the urge to eat the birthday cheesecake I was offered. That one was tough, I love cheesecake.

When I stepped on the scales I was expecting to see a gain but much to my surprise I had a one pound loss. That was a real boost to my attitude. What I took away from the weigh in was that even though I had a couple of bad dinners and didn't count everything that went in my mouth I still had some success. One of my long term goals is to change my eating habits to the point that most everything I eat is a better choice than I use to make. An example is that I probably ate high calorie high fat cheeseburgers two or three times a week for lunch. In their place now I eat low fat sandwiches, pasta or other foods much lower in calories and fat. I still crave the ultimate cheeseburger now and again but hopefully I can limit those cheeseburgers to once or twice a month instead of multiple times a week.

For the seven weeks I have been dieting I now have a total weight loss of 16 pounds. In my previous dieting experiences I have seen more weight loss in the first seven weeks but this time I am trying to change my eating habits for long term success. I am not focusing so much on losing the weight but more on making better choices that I can stick with for the rest of my life. Hopefully I will succeed this time.

If you are on a weight loss journey too I want to wish you success. Not luck, because this is one of the hardest things a person can attempt to do. Successful weight loss is a lot of work no matter what method you choose to use.

0 comments: