Thursday, May 3, 2007

Shrimp Stir Fry from Gourmet Dining

I purchased some new frozen entrees at the grocery store the other day. One of them is from Gourmet Dining distributed by Gourmet Express out of San Antonio, Texas. I have no idea how wide these are distributed. You may want to check out your local grocer for comparable brands and selection.

This particular meal comes with shrimp, Lo Mein noodles, broccoli, peppers, mushrooms and Teriyaki sauce. By the way it is also contains no added MSG’s. I prepared it according to the package instructions. Start to finish it only took about 15 minutes.

The pertinent nutritional information per serving is as follows:

Serving Size 7 oz. with 3.5 servings total
Calories 160
Fat 0
Fiber 3 grams

Weight Watchers Points 3 per serving or 10.5 points for the entire package

In previous years of dieting I had tried several frozen meals like this one and they were quite good. However, this offering was outstanding! The noodles were perfectly tender but not mushy. The vegetables were crisp and the shrimp was delicious. There was just the right amount of sauce to give it a great taste but without drowning it.

I will be heading back to the store for more of these. I really like this kind of food but it is not something I normally cook. So, thanks to the folks at Gourmet Express for making this one easy to prepare.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the comment over at FatBloggers.net! Looks like you're using WW and are having some success at it, as are several of us over there. If you're interested in being a contributor, let me know and I'll get you signed up. If nothing else, link to us and I'll return the favor.

Thanks again, and hope to hear more from you.