Thursday, June 14, 2007

Healthy Choice Grilled Chicken Marinara

Chicken Breast & Pasta in Marinara Sauce with Broccoli Florets

Today’s lunch selection is from Healthy Choice’s Café Selections line. I had passed over this selection before in the freezer case but finally decided to give it a try. First off I really like the ease of cooking for all of the Healthy Choice meals I have tried so far. I like not having to stir them halfway through the cooking process.

When I first took the tray out of the box I was a little disappointed in the amount of chicken I saw. But after it was prepared I was able to cut each chunk in half and that helped. The Marinara sauce was tangy and tasty. The chicken had a nice flavor but one of my pieces had some gristle. The broccoli florets were tender but not to soft.

From the nutrition label this meal comes in with the following stats.

Calories 250
Fat 4 Grams
Fiber 5 Grams


Weight Watchers Points 5

I will be including this one in my lunch routine in the future. Paired with some fruit it made for a really nice lunch.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really love this Healthy Choice meal! I always add a little red pepper flakes and about a tsp. parmesan cheese, and it's great. The roasted red pepper alfredo is great too. I usually eat these with a piece of wheat bread toasted in the toasted oven, with 0calorie butter spray and italian blend dry herbs....great lunches!