Monday, June 11, 2007

Special K Strawberry 90 Calorie Snack Bar


This weekend I purchased a few new items at the grocery store. I will be posting the reviews for each product as I try them out. First up on the list of new products I have tried is the Special K 90 Calorie Strawberry flavored snack bars.

These bars are semi chewy with a vanilla glaze drizzled across the top. As I took my first bite it reminded me of biting into a strawberry pop tart. On a side note I miss Pop Tarts now that I am dieting. Anyway, the overall flavor of the Special K bars is very good; I just wish they were a little more chewy.

If you like strawberry flavored bars I would try these out as they do remind you a bit of strawberries and cream. The bars are 90 calories and will count as two points on the Weight Watchers system.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joey thanks for stopping by my blog the other day - I should be posting on a regular basis again now that we are done moving...

These strawberry bars sound GREAT - I will definitely give them a try!!!

Adam

Joey said...

Great to have you visit Adam. If you try one of the other flavors let me know what you think.

Moby Dick said...

Those bars are pretty good. I may try them out again. Pop-Tarts are awesome, and I am glad I am not addicted to them anymore. I used to pop 4-6 of them (toasted) along with a big glass of milk while watching TV. Those were the days!

Joey said...

Pop Tarts reminded me of those Lays potato chip commercials that said who can eat just one.

Anonymous said...

Try the Kashi granola bars. The Cherry dark chocolate ones are just 2 points each and very good.

Anonymous said...

oh myy....i bought these...and now im obsessed i ahve at least 2 per day!