Thursday, August 2, 2007

Lean Cuisine Roasted Potatoes, Broccoli & Cheddar Cheese Sauce


Well, now that I am back on the diet train I have been taking my lunch to work. I wasn’t sure what I had available to take this morning but my lovely wife has been grocery shopping and right there in our freezer were some new items to try out.

Today’s selection is from Lean Cuisine and is from their One Dish Favorites line. I put it in my sack along with a banana and 100 calorie Planters Peanut butter Cookie Crisps. This meal had a nice aroma as it cooked in the microwave. I prepared it per the instructions on the box and it came out just right. The question is how did it taste?

First off I was a little concerned about the cheddar cheese sauce as it reminded me of concession stand nachos. But it tasted fine, just be prepared for the cheese to change texture pretty quick as it cools. The broccoli and potatoes were really good. Both were not too tender and not too crispy. This meal was very hearty and filling. I think this is another meal we can add to the ole’ lunchbox.

The Specs

Calories 220 5 Grams of Fat 5 Grams of Fiber

Weight Watchers Points 4

8 comments:

Lift Heavy Rock said...

Broccoli and cheese, two of my favorites! Glad to see you on the train.

Christine said...

I am a sucker for anything potato. Will be keeping my eyes open for this one. :)

Joey said...

Yep, this one was pretty good. It did feel a little bad because there was really a lot of cheese sauce.

Moby Dick said...

You know, I have avoided frozen food for years because it used to be very fattening, even the diet stuff. Your reviews are changing my attitude. One of my protein bars has 360 calories and only 3 ounces to chew on. Those meals may not be large, but they are a lot bigger than a protein bar and have less calories!!

Joey said...

Its funny you mention that Spidey. I have a co worker that eats one of those bars for lunch. I tried one and I just couldn't get past the taste. It didn't taste like food even though it was supposed to be a peanut butter flavor. I have looked at the nutritional value on them and I just can't seem to accept all of the calories of that little bar. I might as well eat a snickers or something.

Anonymous said...

doesn't sound so yummy really. can't we do a bit better?
(my take on Lean Cuisine: http://qritiq.wordpress.com/2007/08/14/lean-but-mean/ )

Joey said...

qritiq, thanks for stopping by. Just don't let the cheese start to get cold on this one.

Anonymous said...

I think the Smart Ones version of this is better. I like to add egg beaters to it...wierd, i know..but it's kind of like a cheesey breakfast type deal. maybe even add fat free hotdogs by oscar meyer