Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Week 27 and 28 Status Update


I know I have been silent for nearly two weeks now and I have no one to blame but myself. I have been really struggling with the whole diet thing lately. One of the reasons I started this blog was to be accountable and I have refused that mandate for too long. I almost dropped the diet all together over this past weekend.

I have had several things going on that are out of the ordinary for me in the last couple of weeks. I took some time off from my day job which is highly unusual and I have been given a writing opportunity on a website from another genre. I don’t want that to sound like an excuse for where I am right now because in reality it is the choices I have made that have me where I am right now.

I have restarted my diet again as of Monday and today is my first day back to posting on my blog. Since Monday I have maintained my point goals for the day and have not eaten anything I shouldn’t have. I need to get back to my walking schedule though.

The last two Wednesday weigh ins has shown a two pound gain each time. So at 28 weeks into my diet I now stand at a total weight loss of 39 pounds.

6 comments:

Moby Dick said...

Weight gain is not good, but you cannot take it emotionally and get depressed. Just realize that you are being challenged to step up to the plate and take care of business. The struggle gets harder and you have to want it more.

Anonymous said...

I'm rooting for you!

Joey said...

Thanks guys. It all boils down to choices. You either choose to follow the program or not. The program doesn't choose you.

Christine said...

Good to have you back on board. Lets kick some butt for August!

Lift Heavy Rock said...

I hope you don't give in or give up. You've come a long way.

Joey said...

Thanks Christine and S William, all of you have been great for the mojo.