Monday, August 27, 2007

The Ups and Downs of Dieting

Ever since I reached that forty pound mark it has been a struggle to stay motivated and on program. I have looked back at my previous posts just to see how far I have come and to remind myself of where I was physically when I started. I am not staying on program consistently day in and day out. Some days I just want to throw in the towel or fat free whatever.

The last few days I have spent more time reading other peoples blogs in an effort to recharge my batteries. I have ran across a lot of good information out there and have read many similar stories of the battle to stay on program. From recipes to exercise tips and beyond it is time well spent when you seek out others that are on this journey with you. As you battle your own ups and downs take some time and surf the blogs of your fellow dieters there is a lot of information to be gleaned and inspiring stories to be read.

Will I get over the hump; only time will tell. One thing I know for sure is that if I don’t I will have no one else to blame but myself and a host of people to give credit if I succeed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always, I'm rooting for you!

Lift Heavy Rock said...

Hang tough. I know how you feel. Part of me says to myself, "great job, this was fun, now let's get back to the old habits."

Maybe you need a couple of days away from the pressure. Take a weekend and don't think about exercise. Have a couple of small treats (not a ton of junk), and allow yourself to recharge.

Moby Dick said...

You will get over the hump, but your emotional side needs to be with you. I hit 266 in January and have been in the 280s since then. My emotions/personality were afraid of the thought of reaching my goal. Why? I have some ideas, but that does not make me more comfortable emotionally. I just have to hope that whatever the problem is gets resolved in my subconscious/conscious and I give myself permission to succeed. Here I am floating around 280 for seven months because I am afraid to succeed.

I hope you get where you need to be body-mind-spirit.

Joey said...

I want to thank all of you for your support. I was thinking about a snack but instead I read these comments.

Scott Hidalgo said...

Spidey is spot on.

Everyone knows intellectually what they need to do to lose weight, but it's much more difficult than "just doing it." You have to believe that you can succeed, or that little devil on your shoulder will start to speak a lot louder.

I agree with s william. Back off a little and take some time to reflect on far you have come. Write down all of the good things about having lost the weight and then recommit yourself to sticking with it.