Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Am Back, So Guess What

Since I am back to posting on this blog that can only mean one thing...... I am overweight still and I have to do something about it. Once again I have let myself down and now I find myself weighing more than I ever have and in the worst shape of my life.

The sad thing is knowing that I know how to correct the situation but I have been unwilling to put the work in to make it happen really bothers me. I know the Weight Watchers program works for me. I have lost as much as 55 pounds and kept it off for over a year before. But knowing is not doing nor is it commitment and therein lies the problem.

Am I ready to go back to counting points and writing down what I eat? Heck no! So what should I do? Well, for one thing I am resurrecting this blog. Between the writing and contact with fellow bloggers out there it was a great source of inspiration and information. Secondly, I am dropping fried foods and McDonalds. Thirdly, I am cutting out real desserts. I am also going to increase my water intake.

That is just a start because I know that only those few things will not produce long term successful weight loss. But, I have to start somewhere and right now that is all I am willing to commit to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to see you back! I've been dealing with some very similar issues with motivation so you're definitely not alone. (In fact, I could have written several of the above paragraphs.)

Best of luck! I'm rooting for you!

Joey said...

Great to hear from you Andrea. I wish you much luck as well. One of the things I always liked about your blog was the different foods you were always finding and trying out.