Monday, November 3, 2008

Orville Redenbacher's Smart Cakes



It always helps me to get back in the groove when I find good snack food that fits into my diet. This weekend I got reacquainted with my old friend the rice or corn cakes. These puffy, crunchy little snacks are very versatile. There are numerous flavors and brands to choose from so check out a few and find your favorite.


One of my favorites is the Orville Redenbacher's Smart Cake in the Caramel flavor. Each cake is only forty-five calories and if you are on Weight Watchers each cake is only a point.


Serving Size 1 Cake
Calories 45
Fat Grams 0
Fiber 0
Weight Watchers Points 1


As I mentioned above these cakes are very versatile. You can either toast them or heat them in the microwave. The toaster or oven is best as they seem to be lighter and crunchier. You can top them with many different things to add flavor and pizazz to your snack.


My favorite topping is a tablespoon of peanut butter with some banana slices on top. I have also had them with marshmallows on top. Sometimes I even eat them right out of the bag.


So the next time you are looking for a snack give the old rice or corn cake another look.

0 comments: