Sunday, January 25, 2009

90 Calorie Great Value Blueberry Cereal Bar


I am always on the lookout for new snack ideas and the other day I found a great one in the cereal aisle. I was in my local Walmart buying groceries and doing a lot of label reading when I discovered a box of 90 Calorie Great Value Blueberry Cereal Bars. They were nearly a dollar cheaper than the name brands on the shelf so that immediately caught my eye. I put a box in my cart and continued on my way.

I have to say I was not expecting much as I haven't found very much in the generic diet food section that was very good. These however are an exception. They are delicious. They are really sweet and tasty. I have been using them as a candy bar substitute. Plus, they are only
1 Point Per Bar, yahoo!

So far I have been to two of the three Walmarts near me and blueberry is the only flavor I have found. I did find a strawberry flavor on the Walmart website so hopefully they will make their way to my local stores.
The pertinent nutritional information breaks down this way, 90 Calories 1.5 Fat Grams and 3 Grams of fiber for a total of 1 Weight Watchers Points.

0 comments: