Monday, January 26, 2009

Week 3 Weigh In


This was a much better week in terms on staying on track than last week. I even managed to go walking one day which is pretty unusual for me this time of year. We were also out of diet soft drinks in the house for a few days so I even did better than normal getting my water in. The one pound gain I had last week was a downer going into the week but I managed to produce some momentum that I feel pretty good about.


When I stepped on the scales this evening I was really surprised by the number I saw. So much so that I checked it six times and each time it read the same. I had lost SEVEN pounds for the week. Wow! What a surprise, I was expecting a three or four pound loss not seven. To say I am happy is an understatement.


I know that a three week weight loss of 12 Pounds does not a successful diet make but it is a really nice start. It gives me hope and momentum to continue instead of taking the easy way out and making up excuses to go back to old habits. I still have plenty of work to do especially in expanding my diet. Right now it is pretty much the same from day to day which will get old soon. I have been working on finding some new foods and recipes to diversify my meals.


I came up with a quick little dish this week that is a nice change of pace and easy to do. It is nothing too elaborate its just a serving of white rice with some cocktail shrimp I lightly marinated in teryaki sauce. The first time I made it I used one of those new steamer bags of rice and some veggies.


0 comments: