Sunday, January 11, 2009

Buckling Down and Getting Serious Again

Being someone that has battled a weight issue practically all my life I have reached that point again where I have decided to take action yet again. I am at the heaviest I have ever been and in the worst shape of my life. The last few months have been really tough, even simple things seem to just wear me out.

So, that begs the question just what am I going to do about it? Well, for me I have had the most success using the Weight Watchers program although I have never been to a meeting. I have followed their point systems with good results and I know it works for me. I can stay on a diet when I set my mind to it and when I don't have to completely give up a type of food completely.

For example if I had to give up bread or sweets totally I would never stay on a diet. The great thing about the point system from Weight Watchers is that I can work in those kinds of foods in moderation. Right now I can have 28-35 points but I try to stay at 30. If I want a big ole yeast roll or a piece of pie I just have to make sure I stay within my points for the day. With the point system I have the flexibility to eat almost anything as long as I stay within my number.

I started counting points again last Monday and so far things have been going well. I am looking forward to weighing in tomorrow evening. I am handling the weigh in differently this time around as I am going to weigh in the evening before I eat dinner. I used to always weigh in the morning before I ate anything. I think weighing in before dinner will help remind me of my goal and hopefully be an encouragement. My toughest times are at night and of course on the weekends.

I'll have an update after tomorrows weigh in.

0 comments: