Sunday, February 1, 2009

Smart Ones Traditional Lasagna with Meat Sauce




Yesterday we tried the Weight Watchers Smart Ones Traditional Lasagna with Meat Sauce. Some of the copy from the box describes it as five layers of decadence with tender lasagna pasta, rich ricotta cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. I would not use the word decadent but it was a satisfying meal.


This might be the best frozen lasagna that I have tried even considering it is produced for those of us trying to loose weight. Sometimes frozen meals that are prepared in the microwave end up with burnt edges, hard pasta, mushy ingredients but this one came out very nice. If you had of taken it out of the tray and placed it on a plate you could have passed it off as if you made it yourself. I have had better home cooked lasagna but I was freezer to comfy chair with my remote in just over ten minutes.


This one gets a big thumbs up from me and I know just what I want to use my Smart Ones coupons on now. Here are the stats for my fellow point watchers, 300 Calories, 6 Grams of Fat, 6 Grams of Fiber and only 6 Points. By the way you can visit the Smart Ones site to get coupons for some great savings coupons.



0 comments: